Instana is one of the leading application performance monitors (APMs) in the market.with the ability to analyze all your application traffic to detect performance problems and provide detailed information on when and why an error occurred, including at the code and database query level.
In this article, we will show you how to improve incident response by using 24Cevent software to notify your Instana alarms via phone calls.
Improved incident response times
One of Instana’s outstanding features is its ability to generate real-time alerts when system problems are detected. These alerts can be sent through various channels, such as email, SMS or webhooks, but phone calls are not natively available. The lack of an automated call system means that any critical incident detected outside working hours will not receive attention until the beginning of the next working day.
If you want to improve your platform’s uptime and your customers’ experience, reducing response times and reducing MTTR (mean time to repair) is one of the most important indicators to achieve this.
Automatic notifications by phone call play 2 critical roles in this process:
- Reduction of MTTA (mean time to recognition): by having a predefined decision matrix, the time elapsed from the detection of an incident to the notification of the person in charge is reduced to just a few seconds.
- Reduced MTTR: having 24/7 support shifts for events speeds up the time required to resolve issues.
Configure the integration in Instana
As a prerequisite, you must have an account with 24Cevent, the platform that will be responsible for sending automatic notifications via phone calls for Instana alerts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To perform the configuration in Instana, you must:
- Go to Settings –> Alert Channels(Webhook alert channel)
- Name: Choose the name of the channel, e.g.: 24Cevent
- Webhook URL: In your 24Cevent dashboard you will have access to the integration url.
- Acceder a Settings –> Alerts
- Define at which events alerts will be triggered
- In “Alert Channels”, select the channel created in step 1.
In this video, we demonstrate live how the Instana- 24Cevent integration works to generate alarm notification by phone calls.
Instana alert notification via phone calls using the 24Cevent integration tool is an effective strategy for improving incident response in IT environments. It provides a quick and direct way to alert operations teams to critical issues, resulting in faster resolution and less business disruption. By leveraging this functionality, organizations can strengthen their observation and monitoring capabilities, ensuring the stability and performance of their IT systems.
Detecting an incident early and knowing its root cause is critical. However, it is also important to manage the alert in a timely manner and notify the appropriate person to resolve the incident as soon as possible and start working on a solution.
Therefore, implementing an automated notification solution via phone calls as a complement to native notification methods can provide several benefits:
- 24×7: To be able to provide 24×7 support to the systems at a low cost.
- MTTA: Reducing notification times
- Standardization: To be able to deliver standardized context information to the support team.
- Parallelization: Notifying different equipment simultaneously, including suppliers
- SLA Control: Measure the time elapsed between the generation of an incident and its resolution, in order to generate SLA compliance reports.
Do you need to ensure that your Instana alarms will be managed in a timely manner? Forget about hiring profiles to watch screens day and night, integrate your alerts to 24Cevent, classify them and generate real-time notifications to your support team when incidents occur.
Join today, at no cost and with no commitments in our free level and discover how with 24Cevent you can have your own 24×7 automated operations center.